I can’t help but look at the news recently and think to myself everything is upside down. I can’t believe the things I’m seeing. I knew I would see things get worse in my lifetime, but the things I’m seeing still take me by surprise. I’m not sure why it should leave me with my mouth gaping open, but it does. Maybe I held out hope that things could get better, but I don’t think we’re going to see that, not on a large scale at least.
Everything is Upside Down
Isaiah 5:20 says this:
20 Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!
Just take a look at this list of things, some are recent, some not so recent, but they still fit.
- Men being allowed to use women’s restrooms, and vice versa. Because they “identify” as the opposite gender.
- People claiming there are more than two genders, and even adding it to licenses in some states.
- Boy Scouts, now allowing girls and homosexuals, but Girl Scouts not reciprocating.
- Boy Scouts, which are not known by that name anymore, are making it mandatory to offer condoms at their 12 day camp out. This is after the scouts have allowed homosexuals and females to join their ranks. Remember this was just for young men. But now they HAVE to make condoms easily available to the boys and to staff.
- States and cities going against federal law as if it’s nothing.
- Daily we have the narrative that being gay or trans-gendered shoved down our throats. They are trying to make it normal and change the way Christians view it.
- California passes a law that says you can’t try to convert people from being gay. Basically you can’t sell literature or take money for services that try to convert people from being gay to being straight. While some claim this would ban the sale of the bible, it doesn’t, but I wouldn’t doubt it heads that way.
- Christians aren’t allowed to deny services to gay couples, if it means they are supporting a lifestyle they view as sinful. Case in point, the couple in Oregon who refused to bake a wedding cake for a gay couple. The baker had provided services to this couple before, but they didn’t feel they could make the wedding cake because it would be them partaking in something they viewed as a sin. They were taken to court and were told to pay 135,000 dollars. I’m not sure where this case is now, but I know it was appealed.
- Senator Kamala Harris from California basically didn’t want to vote for Gina Haspel as the head of the CIA because Ms. Haspel was a part of torturing terrorists after 9/11, yet she’s perfectly okay with murdering innocent children through abortion.
Okay, I could go on and on, but you see what’s happening here don’t you? There are some in America who would like for those of us who have morals that are based on the Bible to be forced into accepting things we know are sinful. Some things they do little by little over time. They infiltrate the entertainment and slip things in little by little to get you used to it. That way when they are ready to put their agenda into action, there isn’t as much resistance.
There are some of us out here though who are awake and we see what’s going on. We still stand for the Bible and what it says. We don’t conform to the world and that makes us hugely unpopular. Hated even. Just try to share your thoughts in public or online and you’ll quickly be attacked as being hate filled. It’s not hate to warn people that the lifestyle they are living will lead them to hell. It’s love. Now, don’t get me wrong, there are ways to do it and ways not to do it.
I recall seeing a “minister” on tv that said and I quote, “you’re going to hell faggot.” I don’t agree with approaching the subject in that manner. I believe there is a way to tell people that their lifestyle is leading them to hell, without being disrespectful. The choice is theirs, and if you are a minister, you are held accountable, so if you go about it in a way that pushes someone away, then you will answer for that. Do things in love.
Also, the church has a problem of only pointing out homosexual sin. It’s just as sinful for Sally and Bill to be shim shammin’ before they are married, but people will look over that. We look over the gossipers. We look over the liars. We can’t treat any sin as though its okay. None of it is. None of us are good. We’re all sinners, some of us are saved by Grace. It still doesn’t make us any better.
I don’t want to take that rabbit trail right now, but I hope you understand. Everything is upside down and its a sign to us as Christians. These are signs that let us know things are moving toward the end times. Don’t be afraid. We will be hated. We will be mocked. Should we expect any less? They did it to Jesus.
Keep watching brothers and sisters. Iran has attacked Israel from Syria. Israel has fired back. They are saying peace with North Korea (that I don’t trust). Things are moving rapidly and changing daily. You need to be aware of the things going on. So you can pray, and so you can be watching.
As always pray for those in leadership, no matter what party they are. God places in power who he wants in power. It’s your job as a Christian to pray for those people. He can change hearts. He can right the wrong. And God can turn everything that is upside down, right side up.
I’m looking forward to his coming.